As an all-volunteer organization, we can always use some more help. There are many ways to be involved, from sorting through the fascinating and often surprising items that arrive at our door, planning events for the public, reaching out to local schools, and helping us scan and preserve the many documents and photographs that tell the story of Terrace Park through the years.
You can find us in the old preschool rooms in the lower level of St. Thomas Church at the Terrace Place entrance. You can contact us HERE or call 418-1480 for more information.
Here are some of the ways you can get involved:
- Projects: We produce the Village Directory on odd years and host our Terrace Park House Tour on even years. We need help with both!
- Programs: If you would like to help with publicity or hospitality for one of our programs or exhibits, please let us know. We host public programs of historic interest, as well as a bi-annual House Tour.
- Interviewing: A wonderful way to get to know some of our long-term residents and their stories is as an interviewer with our Oral History program.
- Writing: We contribute posts to The Village Views and publish a quarterly newsletter, The Tracker. Our website and Facebook page also need updating and additional content. If you like to write and/or proofread, we can certainly use the help.
- Managing archives: People bring us all sorts of items and we sometimes struggle to properly store them. We also collect newspaper posts that pertain to Terrace Park and are in the process of scanning many of our old documents for future use. We could certainly use some help with this.
If you would like to volunteer please contact us HERE.